Thursday 8 August 2013

'Personal' lifes of Youtubers.

Hey guys it's Jess. 
Disclaimer: text heavy post

Tonight there has been observations of 'zalfie' in jims vlog from today? or yesterday. I think we need to point out that youtubers are people. Yes they allow us into their lives and allow us into their everyday situations and things they do but remember they have feelings too (which when you watch them a lot of them admit to). 

Now I won't sit here and say shipping is a bad thing, because it's not (and I admit to doing it far too often and far too inappropriately) however, I don't put all of my feelings all over the internet for everyone to see. We all need to remember that youtubers edit their lives in order to put out an image of themselves that they like. We never see an unedited video and if we do I bet ALL of us would not sit for that long (although I did watch Alex Day's while skipping like 5 minutes).

Which brings me to the point of youtubers personal lifes. You do NOT know them personally and I think we need to realise that here and now. You do NOT know who they are dating. You do NOT know who they like. Get it through your head you do NOT know every little detail about them that you THINK you do. Yes some of them share all these things with you, however some of them don't and you need to respect that privacy or else you are going to make them anxious or scared to ever post something with someone ever again. 

To bring it to your attention, if you ship 'zalfie' you would know that Zoe has panic attacks. So what do you think you are doing provoking the topic? Think about it. What if you were in Zoe's situation how would you feel? 
If it was an accident I'm sure the uploader is feeling horrible and I honestly believe that it is not Zoe nor is it Alfie (more to the point I don't think it's Alfie) and I think that Jim, Zoe, Tanya and Alfie know this, but having all of the viewers comment OMG IT'S ZALFIE FINALLY has made him private/reedit the video he uploaded today/yesterday. 

All I'm saying is that we need to think about these youtubers as people before we go and bombard them with questions/tweets/whatever. I'm not sitting here saying that when you ship something/someone you can't post about it on the media outlet you use, but remember that their might be boyfriends/girlfriends in the picture already and think about how they must be feeling. 
But continue to think about the youtubers feelings. 

I will still have another blog tomorrow/Saturday, see you then! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment