Thursday 10 October 2013

Highschool - Girls and Boys.

Hey guys it's Jess!

The other night I was on tumblr scrolling endlessly when I came upon a post. 
This post to be exact
Now, I didn't even have to read the feed that went down to know how much hurt people get over this. To be honest, it's not just boys who do this to girls in highschool it's girls too. I remember thinking how funny it was to say to your friend walking down the aisles of shops saying 'That's totally your boyfriend' and even asking guys if they'd date my friends. 

However I stopped finding it funny once something like this happened to me. Year 10 would have to be the worst year of my life for more reasons then this. After a messy break up and having a crush on this guy he asked me out. We dated for a while although it wasn't much (we went to the movies a couple a times and held hands WOW). He then broke up with me via MSN (that's even worse). A year later we were in the same drama class, we were still friends and would talk on our way to the junior side some days (this may have been end of year 10 and we had music, but you get the point) and one day he said to me You know I only asked you out because ____ said we would be cute. That's a conversation killer, I'll tell you. It also made it hard just to run away, seriously I just wanted to run and hide away so no one could find me. 

That makes you feel so incredibly small. It makes you feel as if you're not worthy of anything. It makes you feel like all these girls have felt. But what we all need to remember is it's not always one person, it can be more. You may be doing it without realizing, which hurts more in the long run. 

See you soon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment