Friday 16 August 2013

Achievements?

Hey guys it's Jess. 
Disclaimer: Text Heavy

Over the past few weeks a whole lot has happened in my life (not to me, but to my friends/family). It has made me think about how much I feel like I haven't achieved for my life in the last 19 years. It started with tonight (Tuesday) thinking about how my brother is getting married next weekend. My brother is obviously older then me, but it is a scary thought to think that just in a week's time he will be a married man and I will have a sister-in-law. 
It's also made me think about what I haven't achieved that so many other people my age have. It sounds pretty stupid to write a 'things I haven't achieved' when I've only been alive 19 years and 8 months. 
But instead of just writing this I haven't achieved I'm going to write 'things I have achieved'. That could be in a few weeks time though. 

Something that so many of my friends have done in the past year is moved out of home. I am so excited to finally move out of my house but it makes me so nervous to think one day I'll have to pay my way in life and I feel as if I'm failing as an 'adult' because I haven't moved out yet. 

Another thing so many people I know have already got is a full time job. Me I have two casual jobs where in one of them I'd rather not. It is also frustrating when people you know from high school come in and like look down on you because you're still packing shelves or serving or whatever. 

Perfect grades have never been my domain and hearing that people are getting HD and D's for all of their assignments makes you feel really bad about yourself. It also makes it hard for me when my brothers do courses harder then mine and come home with those grades. 

I haven't even owned my first car yet. UGH. 

I can go on and on but this is making me so angry. See you next week!

Tumblr | instagram | <a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10382871/?claim=4akggnnnegu">Bloglovin</a>
Yes I know, two in a weekend OMG, but this has something to do with next weeks.
Shhhhh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment